For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Nevada Group Pty Ltd, PO Box 818, New Farm QLD, 4005, The nominated representative is Lisa Baxter, Co-Founder, The Nevada Group Pty Ltd
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT
We receive and may store any information you enter on our Website or otherwise provide to us. This includes information that can identify you (“Personal Information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses. We also request information about your preferences, including demographic data. You can choose not to provide such information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to enjoy the benefits of being a visitor or client. Only registered partners (referred to as ‘Specialists’) of Property Investor Accelerator will have access to your Personal Information. In addition, some information is also required in order for you to ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our Website. You may also wish to provide photos, messages, videos, ads, listings or other content (“User Content”) through our Website or to other partners. Property Investor Accelerator will retain any such User Content in order for members to review what they have previously shared and for others to comment or respond to such User Content. Sharing any User Content is at the member’s own risk.
b. Information About others:
You will have the opportunity to provide other people’s contact information to our Website, for example, to invite them to join Property Investor Accelerator. You should obtain the consent of these individuals prior to providing Property Investor Accelerator with their information. Property Investor Accelerator will only use such information to send the invitation email and any reminders to the potential member. Property Investor Accelerator may store this information in order to send the invitation email, to register the new member if the invitation is accepted and to track and administer Property Investor Accelerator’s referral programs.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a. Information from other sources:
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources. For example, if you visit Property Investor Accelerator by “clicking-through” from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us. Examples of other information we may receive include contact information and demographic information.
b. Automatic Information:
We automatically collect some information about your computer or device when you visit Property Investor Accelerator. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, unique device ID (if you use a smartphone or tablet) and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests of our users and customise your user experience.
c. Cookies and other Web technologies:
- To help us customise the content, Website experience, and advertisements provided to you on our Website and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests. See Display of Advertising/Your Choices Section below for more information about our online advertising practices and your choices.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of Website features and offerings, advertisements, and e-mail communications (by determining which e-mails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the tools offered on our Website.
Our Website also may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Website to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Website from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve Website performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our Website. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
- DISPLAY OF ADVERTISING/YOUR CHOICES
a. Data collected to serve you with relevant advertising:
Property Investor Accelerator is committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our Website. To do this, we may refer to your demographics, location and preferences, and use this information to serve you with offers on our Website that match your apparent interests.
We do not share your Personal Information (such as email addresses) with unaffiliated third parties so they can serve you with advertisements. We may however, share search data, in aggregate or anonymously, with third parties, including advertisers and investors. This may include telling our advertisers the number of members on our Website. This information does not contain any Personal Information about you.
b. Data collected by business partners and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising:
Many of the advertisements that you see on Property Investor Accelerator Website are served by https://propertyinvestoraccelerator.com.au or by its service providers. However, in line with current online advertising practice, we also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties include (1) business partners who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our Websites, and (2) advertising networks which collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different websites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our Website and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests. We do not permit these third parties to collect Personal Information about you (such as email address) on our Website, nor do we share with them any Personal Information about you.
- INFORMATION SHARING POLICY
Property Investor Accelerator may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors. These are entities that provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or contests, and fraud prevention, and any law enforcement agencies as we are required to do so by law. We may also authorise third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our Website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Social Media Services. You can choose to access certain third party social media websites and services through our Website (such as Facebook). When you do so, you are choosing to share information with those websites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media websites.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Property Investor Accelerator, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements. Including as We are obliged to under mandatory reporting laws.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- In aggregate or anonymously, with third parties, including advertisers and investors. This may include telling our advertisers the number of visitors our Website receives or the most popular international schools or local medical facilities. This information does not contain any Personal Information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when Personal Information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
- CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
a. Configuring the collection and use of your information
- As a registered Property Investor Accelerator member, you can modify your e-mail subscription choices at any time. When you are registered as a Property Investor Accelerator member, you will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such e-mail we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your Property Investor Accelerator account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Email Communications. Property Investor Accelerator wants to make it easy for you to take advantage of relevant opportunities on our Website. One way we do this is by asking you if you would like to opt in to receiving e-mail messages that contain information about your apparent interests. For example, if you specify house and land packages as an interest on propertyinvestoraccelerator.com.au, we may send you an email message reminding you about house and land packages going on sale in your area. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about special events and offers available through our Website. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from Property Investor Accelerator, you will not be able to access portions of our Website.
At Property Investor Accelerator we are committed to protecting the information we collect. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that the security measures in place will never be defeated or fail or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Property Investor Accelerator is a general audience website and does not offer services directed to children under age 18. We require registered members to be at least 18 years of age. Should an individual whom we know to be under age 18 send Personal Information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
- EXTERNAL LINKS
- VISITING OUR WEBSITE FROM OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA